Arts of Communication Bootcamp
Click here to apply, or keep reading for more information!
The Arts of Communication Bootcamp is an exciting offering from the Office of the Campus Writing Coordinator and the School of Humanities, new for the 2017-2018 school year. The first ACB is scheduled for September 13 through 15, 2017 at the Center for Excellence in Writing and Communication (Ayala Science Library 193) and will feature three full days of guest speakers, mini-lectures, and interactive workshops. You’ll leave the ACB after completing an enriching project with a team of your peers and with a better ability to talk about what your advanced communication skills — those you’ve developed throughout your undergrad career and those you’ll have practiced at Bootcamp — can do for you beyond the university.
- Jonathan Alexander, Chancellor’s Professor of English; Campus Writing Coordinator
- Lindsey Allgood, Writing Specialist–Center for Excellence in Writing and Communication
- Amber Clontz, Writing Specialist–Center for Excellence in Writing and Communication
- Sue Cross, Associate Director–Center for Excellence in Writing and Communication
- Percival Guevarra, Writing Specialist–Center for Excellence in Writing and Communication
- James D. Herbert, Associate Dean for Curriculum and Student Services
- Julia Lupton, Faculty Director–Illuminations and Humanities Commons; Associate Dean for Research
- Courtney Santos, Writing Specialist–Center for Excellence in Writing and Communication
Breakfast and lunch (aka brain-fuel!) will be provided each day of the ACB.
All students are welcome to apply, but space is limited. Preference will be given to Humanities majors.
More information coming soon.
(Applications will be accepted until August 15, 2017.)