Week 10: Rounding Out the Quarter
As you and your students barrel towards finals week, please do remember that there are resources available to help your students to the finish line.
- The Writing Center is open Monday through Thursday, 9am to 5pm, and Friday, 9am to 4pm. To help your students get the most out of their writing center experiences, consider completing the Writing Tutorial Referral Form (http://www.writingcenter.uci.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/28/2016/03/Writing-Consultation-Verification-Form.doc).
- Appointments with writing specialists can be made online here: http://www.writingcenter.uci.edu/appointments/. The Writing Center *will* be busy as we move towards the end of the quarter, so encourage your students to try to schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
- Students can also opt for online consultations here: http://www.writingcenter.uci.edu/online-help/. Online consultations are processed within two business days.
- Limited walk-in consultations may be available.
- Peer tutors are available at the following locations:
- Writing Center (Ayala 193):Monday, 1pm to 3:50pm and 5pm to 7:50pm; Tuesday 2pm to 7:50pm; Wednesday, 1pm to 7:50pm; Friday, 9am to 11:50am
- Langson Library (Room 229): Sunday, 3pm to 7:50pm
- Middle Earth (Arkenstone):Monday through Thursday, 6pm to 8:50pm
- Mesa Court (The Court, G604):Monday through Thursday, 6pm to 8:50pm
- The Writing Center has compiled a list of online resources covering topics from grammar to academic honesty to citation styles that you may want to share with your students. You can find it here: http://www.writingcenter.uci.edu/resources/resources-for-students/.
As always, the CWC is here to support you in any way we can. Please do not hesitate to email us with questions, comments, or concerns that may come up between now and the end of finals week.
Wishing you a happy end-of-the-term and relaxing winter break, from all of us at the Office of the Campus Writing Coordinator!