Consultations on Teaching with Writing
Would you like support on developing a writing assignment, an in-class writing activity, or an assessment tool for writing? Do you want to brainstorm ideas for a future course that involves writing? Care to talk through ideas and strategies for making grading more equitable and efficient? Are there any aspects of writing instruction you want to chat about?
We’re here to support you. We offer individual consultations (in person or through zoom) on any writing pedagogical matter. Consultations can include topics like:
- assisting with writing instruction in any upper-division course (both “W” courses and others)
- designing or revising writing assignments
- scaffolding long writing assignments
- responding to student writing
- coordinating TA support for writing
- organizing in-class writing activities (such as peer review)
- developing evaluative criteria, such as rubrics
- conferencing with students
We are also available for longer-term consultations with faculty and departments on topics such as:
- developing coordinated writing plans for undergraduate majors
- mapping how and where writing is taught within a major
- assessing course and programmatic learning outcomes that involve writing
To schedule an individual consultation, please complete this brief form. If you would like to coordinate a group or departmental consultation, please contact Matthew Luskey (email@example.com).
Want to schedule a consultation?
Please fill out this brief form and a member of the CWCC team will reach out to coordinate.
Your Consultation Team
Daniel M. Gross
Campus Writing and Communication Coordinator
Daniel is Professor of English and Affiliate Faculty in the Critical Theory Emphasis.
Matt joined the CWCC team in Fall 2023, after serving for seven years as Assistant Director of Writing Across the Curriculum at the University of Minnesota.
Leah is an English PhD candidate at UCI and is focusing on rhetoric & composition and the medical humanities.